Sunday, January 18, 2009

Stress Relief


Trent has been studying non-stop for his series 7 test and the stress has been getting to him. He decided to grow a goatee over the Christmas break. Colleagues at work have been trying to convince him to shave it on a daily basis. Trent said if he passed his test he would shave it and if not, he would keep it. However, on our way to church Trent looked in the rear view mirror, and unbenounced to me, he came up with the idea to shave it into a stache. He was ready to turn the car around so he could show up to church in style, but I quickly reminded him we needed to set up for primary. He, being the supportive husband he is, came to help set up and then...well too much stress and no wifey supervision can only end badly. As I looked out the primary door I saw a man, who looked vaguely familiar, but yet...I knew no man in his right mind would come into public with the facial hair he was sporting. I couldn't hold it back, and I began laughing. True to his word, Trent went home and shaved his goatee into 'the stache'. (I am now hoping and praying harder than ever that Trent will pass his test...not only so he will have a job, but for all of us who have to look at this silly thing...and yes, it's real!)

2 comments: